At Harrell, Martin & Peace, P.A., we understand that dealing with family law issues can be very stressful and emotionally draining. Our attorney Brent M. Takach specializes in Family Law issues. Having counsel that understands your needs and goals and placing them first is extremely important. We can assistance and guide you with any of the following family law issues:
- Divorce - We believe in the sanctity of marriage; however, our society has evolved a new outlook on divorces as they have become more common. South Carolina has multiple grounds for divorce. We can guide you through the divorce process from start to finish and determine how the marital assets and debts should be equitably divided.
- Child Support - Child Support in South Carolina is calculated based upon multiple factors but the two main factors are custody of the children and the income of the parties. Let us guide you on determining how much child support should be paid according to the South Carolina Child Support Guidelines.
- Child Custody - We hate to see families divided but we also understand that it also may be necessary. If your child is a minor, we can help guide you in seeking custody or visitation. At the end of the day, we want the best interests of the minor children to be served.
- Adoption - Adopting a child and accepting all the parental rights and obligations that come with adopting a child can be very technical in South Carolina. Failing to follow the South Carolina Statutes regarding an adoption can result in a subsequent court order that would make the adoption null and void. Nobody wants that, especially when you are adopting a minor child into your family.
- Prenuptial Agreements - With complex and complicated litigation associated with divorces, prenuptial agreements have become more common. Prenuptial Agreements allow parties to reach an agreement on how assets and debts will be divided before the parties get married. This relieves the ability to speculate on how separate property or marital property will be divided in the event the marriage ends.
- Name change - If you, or your child, need a name change due to marriage, divorce, adoption, or any other reason.
If you need assistance with any of the above family law issues please contact our law firm online, or give us a call at 803-345-3353.